James Bukomeko was born on 1st November, 1968 in Luwero and he is the youngest of twelve children. His parents were the late Yonasani Kijjo and Maama Alice Janet Nabyonga Kijjo.
He got saved at the age of 21 and was ordained in 1994 and priested in 1996. He served in various capacities in Namirembe Diocese including being a Parish Priest in the following parishes.
- Kireka Parish 1994-1997
- St. John's Entebbe 1998-2000
- Namasuba Parish 2001-2007
- Kansanga Parish 2008-2009
- Namirembe Parish 2009-2010
- Maganjo Parish 2010-2013
- Nansana Parish 2014-2019
Bishop James got married to Maama Rose in 1996. they have been blessed with five children and amongst them is a pair of twins: Babirye Juliet Nansubuga, Nakato Julian Namutebi, Grace Namubiru, Alice Janet Nabukomeko and David Mwesigwa Nsubuga.
Bishop James Bukomeko has attained the following qualifications in the field of education:
- Provincial Certificate in Theology from Uganda Martyrs Seminary, Namugongo
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Uganda Management Institute-Kampala
- A Bachelor of Education and a Diploma in Education from Nkumba University-Entebbe
- An Executive Certificate from Hertfordshire University-UK
- A Master of Divinity degree from Uganda Christian University-Mukono
- A Doctorate-honoris causa, that is honorary from the London Bridge Business School-UK
He became the 5th Bishop of Mityana Diocese on 2nd February, 2020 replacing the Rt. Rev. Dr. Stephen Samuel Kaziimba Mugalu.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength" Deuteronomy 6:4-9